San Diego’s Beautiful La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club
The La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club is a private social club located on the shores of the exclusive La Jolla area of beautiful San Diego, California. The current General Manager of the La Jolla Club is John Campbell.
This club started its journey in 1927 when the area was designated for a private yacht club. Newspaperman Frederick William Kellogg purchased the land in 1935 by, who began developing the property into what it is today. As of 2018, Kellogg family is still the owner of this beach and tennis club.
This beach and tennis club acts as both a private club and resort, which covered up 20-acre (81,000 m2) areas. This club provides 90 guest rooms that open to the public. Its wondering that, it includes a private stretch of beach, a nine-hole pitch-and-putt golf course, and an outdoor, heated swimming pool.
Location of The La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club
From the North
- South on Interstate 5 and its exit west onto the La Jolla Village Drive
- Left onto the Torrey Pines Road
- Right onto the La Jolla Shores Drive
- Follow one block to Paseo Dorado, turn left to property entrance
From the south
- North on Interstate 5 and its exit west onto the La-Jolla Parkway
- Right onto the La Jolla Shores Drive
- Follow one block to Paseo Dorado, then turn left to property entrance
Satellite Address of this Beach & Tennis Club
2000 Spindrift Drive, La Jolla, CA 92037.
Tel: 858.454.7126, Fax: 858.456.3805
A journey from the Tennis Club
- In 2006, this tennis club hosted a first-round tie of the ‘2006 Davis Cup’ between the United States and Romania
- In 2008, hosted a first-round tie of the Fed Cup 2008’ between the United States and Germany.
Hotel Name of this Club
- La Jolla Beach Tennis Club Hotel
- Jolla Beach Tennis Club
- La Jolla Beach Tennis Club
- Jolla Beach Tennis Club Hotel
- Beach Tennis Club Hotel
Features of this Hotel
All 90 rooms provide conveniences like sitting areas and coffee makers. Another facility is plus free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with DVD players. iPod docks, room service, and free newspapers are among the other amenities available to guests.
Parking Wi-Fi Beach Pool Laundry
The outside Simply the feel of the sun on your face at the sand beach. Spend at the beach & work on your tan within the sun loungers. In this Tennis Club, you can play a round of golf at the golf course and enjoy amenities like an outdoor pool and a children’s pool. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access.
Dining and Parking
Dining is available at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants. The property also offers a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This beach hotel also offers outdoor tennis courts, a health club, and a garden. Onsite self-parking is complimentary.
Waterfront Luxury & Beachy Charm
The luxury service is impeccable and the staff attentive and professional. As with most waterfront buildings, it requires maintenance pretty constantly. Workers are present everywhere. One must like the beachy charm of such places to truly enjoy this one, and understand some rooms are not as gracious as larger properties could allow.
The club has many available amenities, glorious beach access and views, and good staff. The bed was comfortable, as was the rest of the furniture. The room itself was in need of a sprucing up the furnishings are looking a bit tired but are still quite serviceable.
There are some airports near side of this Beach and Tennis Club. For your easy transportation, it should know about the nearest airport of this club.
- 12 miles from San Diego International Airport
- 25 miles from McClellan-Palomar Airport (Carlsbad)
Advantages of this Club
- Great place to work, meet cool people
- Parking included in the club
- Freedom to do a lot within your position
- Great discount at the Shores for rooms and half of meals
- Beautiful scenery, fun team atmosphere
Disadvantages of this Club
- Lack of incentives and rough hours
- Pay was lower than average